Well, a very interesting query.
Few steps required:-
- Tie-up with Grocery Stockists & Restaurants
- Delivery Boys: I will suggest hiring 1–2 delivery boys to start with. You may bring people on a commission basis once your model is successful. Initially, people wouldn’t join on a commission basis because of uncertainty.
- Marketing: This is the most important activity which would make the model successful. So what should you do in marketing?
- Build a small call center with 2–4 young energetic staff. The energy of the staff will add growth to your business.
- Advertise the call center number aggressively. Depending on the budget. You may go door to door, drop pamphlet, SMS campaign, Cinema Advertisement, Paper Advertisement, Canopy at important locations, etc. Invest wisely. See what is working for you to get the extra mileage.
- Convenience & Constant Value: Customers choose any product or service on the above 2 parameters. Build your communication on these 2 parameters. I am against a huge discount strategy. It works only until you are offering discounts. Think of innovative ways to deliver value. Example: delivery of milk, eggs, bread, etc every morning on the continuous method.
- Build a system of referral and review: people buy products or services based on reviews and referrals. Build a huge reputation that you will push quality products not which offer you better margins. This will help you build credibility and integrity.
These pointers are amazing! Practical answer.
When your market is limited, you have the advantage of gaining visibility quickly. You should identify the paying capacity and build an outlet that can cater to their demand. Your delivery startup relies on the capacity to grab eyeballs to your brand.
The delivery restaurant is a Brand Business and not a delivery business.
Quick systematic steps to start your business
- Build Vision and Mission
- Concept Curation & Clarity
- Legal Registrations and compliances
- Brand Identify curation
- Sales & Marketing Planning
- Simultaneously, Staffing and Hiring Strategy
- Decide Launch Date
- Put a plan to merge the staffing and marketing plan.
- Build Proof of Concept to find product-market fit
- Build a product-market fit by testing in the market
- If found, plan scaling-up strategy